Ramadan is a time to reflect on our spirituality, devote ourselves to our prayers and self-discipline, and come together as a larger community.
This Ramadan, we would like to welcome you to Education City to break fast, pray, and celebrate the Holy Month with a diverse and multicultural community.
Here are some things you can do at Education City:
1. Break your fast Every day, the Iftar tent provides free meals for everyone; with separate sections for men, women and families. The buffet serves over 1500 meals every day! Check out the tent located near the EC Mosque parking.
2. Join the Taraweeh prayers After your Iftar, head over to the EC Mosque, and join us in the daily Taraweeh prayers. EC Mosque hosts different scholars and reciters to lead the prayer, and offers lectures in a range of topics.
3. Let your kids’ creativity flow While you’re eating your Iftar or offering your Taraweeh prayers, you need not worry about your children. Our ‘Kids Corner’ is supervised with professionals who engage them in arts and crafts and interactive activities to keep their creativity active throughout the month.
4. Give back to the community In the spirit of giving back to the community, become part of the EC Mosque’s volunteer team. Every day, the volunteers hand out Iftar, guide guests around the mosque, and more. Click here to register as a volunteer.
5. Engage in worship The last 10 days of Ramadan are a deeply spiritual time. Many people choose to participate in I’tikaf, a period of retreat in a mosque. This year, the EC Mosque welcomes everyone to perform I’tikaf in their premises. They will have sleeping arrangements, laundry services, and daily Iftar and Suhoor meals at the tent.
We look forward to seeing you at Education City for the last few days of Ramadan. For more info on other activities: https://www.qf.org.qa/ramadan